Epic: noting or pertaining to a long poetic composition, usually centered upon a hero, in which a series of greatachievements or events is narrated in elevated style
- Gilgamesh is 4000 years old
- Gilgamesh built a home for all the major gods
- He is said to be a third man and two thirds god.
- The story takes place in Uruk
- Uruk was an ancient city of Sumer, and was also situated east of the present bed of the Euphrates river
- Gilgamesh, as the king of Uruk, pretty does whatever he wants to do without restriction
- Anu is the Father of the Gods
- Ishtar is the Goddess of Love
- Gilgamesh's father is Lugalbanda
- Mother is Lady Wildcow Ninsun
- Gilgamesh is the vanguard and rear guard of the army
- The Iliad is 3000 years old
- Zeus is Athena's father and she was born by coming from his brow.
- Hector was the commander of the Trojan army
- Achilles and his army had beaten back Hektor and the Trojan army
- Hektor was scared at first, and ran around the city three times
- But finally conquered his fear and challenged Achilles to fight
- Athena disguised herself as a Trojan soldier and lead Hektor to Achilles
- Achilles had said that there were to be no oaths between enemies
- Achilles is fighting because he wants to avenge all the people that Hektor had killed
- Athena helps Achilles by pretending to be a Trojan warrior that is supposed to be helping Hektor, but secretly gives aid to Achilles
- Hektor knew he was going to die, but he wanted to go down fighting and to be remembered for years to come
- Hektor wanted a swift death, and Achilles knew the weakness in the armor that Hektor was wearing and stabbed him in the neck
- Achilles has a vendetta against Hektor because Hektor had killed his friend, Patroklos
- After Achilles stabs Hektor in the neck he wants to leave him out and be eaten, but Hektor begs to be cremated and promises treasure
- Achilles refuses and shows Hektor no mercy.
- Hektor uses his final breath to curse Achilles saying the gods weren't on his side, but Achilles knew that the gods and fate were in his favor.