Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Notes on Hamlet

Hamlet is a lot smarter than people give him credit for. But he is still blinded by his wanting to get revenge on his uncle. From what I had heard before the play I really thought he was crazy, but it turns out to be all an act. I have come to the conclusion that he is the smartest character in the play from this. He plans to use his faked madness to help get his revenge. I doubt that he really is crazy, seeing that two other characters have also seen his father's ghost. I used to think that Hamlet was a wimp, but he is now showing resolve. I truly believe that he will carry out his revenge and take Claudius' life. I expect the plot to thicken in the next act. I truly believe trouble will come from his fake madness and more people will end up dead. Such is the nature of tragedies.

No comments:

Post a Comment