Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Technology Use and How It Affects Thinking

Extensive Internet/media/technology use has definitely changed the way I think. I'm always looking for the quick answer. And usually it's just a couple of clicks away. It's probably deteriorated most of the things listed in the question. Focusing in general has gone down, it also changes my priorities because this technology is right at my fingertips. And why not take advantage of that technology if it's right in front of me? I feel like formal learning and open source learning have their pros and cons just like most things do. Before answers didn't come so easy, people probably had better focus, better social skills, had a better sense of their priorities, etc. But open source learning has given us the chance to collaborate with people all around with world. This is huge in the sense that we can different ideas, opinions, etc that we may have never encountered. The world is indeed a small world now. Technology has taken over our lives and it will be interesting to see where it takes us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment